Entrepreneur, inventor, patron
A look back at the events and commitments associated with Prof. Dr. h. c. Viktor Dulger (*18.12.1935; † 21.03.2016), the founder of ProMinent GmbH and former chairman of the supervisory board.
Viktor Dulger was born on 18/12/1935. As a young man, he completed a course in mechanical engineering at the technical college in Karlsruhe in just three years. Viktor Dulger took on a management position at the global US giant Carnation Milk Corporation, where he gained practical experience.
He was particularly interested in finding solutions to technical problems. He went into business for himself in 1960, setting up his own engineering firm: Chemie und Filter GmbH. Shortly thereafter he invented the ground-breaking, first metering pump to be controlled electronically by transistor. Viktor Dulger has more than 50 patents registered in his name in Germany and around the globe, clearly demonstrating his ongoing inventive spirit.
In 1969 Viktor Dulger set up his first factory for research and development, production and administration in Heidelberg-Wieblingen. From 1970 onwards, the company expanded globally. Today ProMinent has a presence in more than 100 countries through its own companies and agencies. The group of companies employs 2,400 members of staff globally and is considered the world market leader in metering technology.
Viktor Dulger has always been aware of his social responsibility and been involved in many social projects. Since 1975 Viktor Dulger has supported institutions including: German Centre for Music Therapy Research (known since 1997 as the Viktor Dulger Institute), Heidelberg University, Stiftung 600 Jahre Universität (foundation marking the 600th anniversary of Heidelberg University), numerous associations such as the Heidelberger Hauspflegeverein (local home care association) and sports clubs. Every year the Viktor-und-Sigrid-Dulger-Stiftung awards prizes for the best dissertation in environmental technology, outstanding work by early career researchers and the best graduates.
Awards bestowed on Viktor Dulger and commitments he has entered into
- 1982 Cross class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1985 Donation of a sculpture for Bismarck-Platz in Heidelberg
- 1986 Appointed the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Malta in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- 1990 Made an honorary senator of the University of Heidelberg
- 1993 Lorenz-Werthmann Medal (the highest award of the German Caritas Association)
- 1994 Honorary professor of the Technical University of Dalian, China
- 1995 University Medal from the University of Heidelberg
- Since 1995 Patron of the Max Planck Society
- Trustee of the science faculty at the University of Heidelberg
- Member of the board of trustees for the foundation marking the 600th anniversary of Heidelberg University
- Member of the plenum of the Rhein-Neckar Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 19 years as commercial judge, Chamber for Commercial Matters, Heidelberg district court
- 1996 Appointment as Overseas Merchant Consultant, Province of Liaoning, China
- 1996 1st class Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1996 Honorary doctorate from the Technical University of Dalian, China
- 1997 Recognition of honorary doctorate by the Ministry of Science, Research and Art, Baden-Württemberg
- 1997 Honorary citizenship of the city of Dalian, China, home to 6.5 million people
- 1997 Promotion to Honorary General Consul of the Republic of Malta for the Baden-Württemberg consular district
- 1997 German Centre for Music Therapy Research, Heidelberg is renamed the "Viktor Dulger Institute"
- 1998 Honorary professor of Heidelberg University of Applied Sciences
- 2000 Richard-Benz Medal, City of Heidelberg, for services to the arts and sciences
- 2001 Rudolf-Diesel Medal (gold), Diesel board of trustees, for outstanding work in the field of metering technology and water treatment
- 2001 Grand Service Medal (gold and diamond), Rhein-Neckar Chamber of Commerce and Industry, for services to the Rhein-Neckar business community
- 2001 Officer of The National Order of Merit of Malta (U.O.M.), Republic of Malta
- 2002 Chair of the Deutsches Institut für Erfindungswesen e.V.
- 2003 Appointment for another five years as Overseas Merchant Consultant, Province of Liaoning, China
- 2009 Service Medal from the state of Baden-Württemberg
- 2011 Lifetime achievement award at the Founder's Award Ceremony, Deutsche Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe Baden-Württemberg
- 2016 The founder and chair of supervisory board of ProMinent GmbH, Prof. Dr. Viktor Dulger, died on the 21st of March 2016 at the age of 80.