Construction of a new 900 MW power station places tough demands on everyone involved. It's good to be able to rely on a supplier like ProMinent, who easily meets the demanding requirements thanks to in-house production.
900 MW plant for Pesquería
The small town of Pesquería is situated in north-east Mexico around 100 kilometres from the border with Texas. Construction of one of Mexico's largest combined gas and steam power stations started here in early 2014. From 2017 onwards, three gas turbines and one steam turbine are to provide steel plants belonging to the customer Techint with around 900 megawatts of power. In order to meet the planned completion date, Techint needed 17 metering systems to treat huge quantities of raw, process and cooling water at extremely short notice. The systems had to meet the high quality standards of the Mexican authorities and be available in just 25 weeks. Many providers were simply not able to achieve this – but ProMinent could.
- Construction of a new power station in Mexico: 3 gas turbines, 1 steam turbine, scheduled output of approx. 900 MW
- Estimated investment up to the end of 2016: US$ 1 billion
- Treatment of raw, process and cooling water in the power station's numerous circuits
- Delivery of 17 metering systems valued at approx. € 2.3 million within just 25 weeks
- 70 hydraulic diaphragm metering pumps Orlita® MF s, 18 hydraulic diaphragm metering pumps Hydro/ 2
Quick delivery of demanding technology
In a record 25 weeks, ProMinent produced and delivered 17 stationary panel-mounted metering systems, complete with metering pumps, sensors, control technology, tanks and terminal boxes. These systems meter different chemicals for treatment of the feed water and cooling water in various systems. A total of 70 hydraulic diaphragm metering pumps Orlita® MF s and 18 hydraulic diaphragm metering pumps Hydro/ 2 were fitted. They meet all the pressure, flow, resistance and seal integrity requirements applicable in their field of use.
Reliable water treatment under tough usage conditions
- Compliance with the short procurement period desired by the customer
- Satisfaction of the requirements of the Mexican electricity authorities
- Reliable function even under harsh ambient conditions
- Precise metering of numerous water treatment chemicals (including ammonia, corrosion inhibitors, antifreeze, softeners, pH regulators)
- Effective protection against corrosion means longer piping lifetime
- System is controlled via the customer's central process control system (DCS)