Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 1 (Basic type)
Capacity range 17 – 144 l/h, 12 – 4 bar
The Sigma/ 1 Basic is an extremely robust motor-driven metering pump with patented multi-layer safety diaphragm for excellent process reliability. It offers a wide range of power end designs, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, also for use in areas at risk from explosion.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use
The Sigma/ 1 diaphragm metering pump, together with pumps of type Sigma/ 2 and Sigma/ 3, represents an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of power end versions is available, including some for use in areas at risk from explosion.
Excellent process reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling.
- Integrated relief valve to protect the pump from overloading.
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process.
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a "Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials" design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications.
- Adaptation to specific installation situations, as the "Liquid end on left" option can be selected as standard.
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Addition of chemicals depending on the measured value, e.g. metering of acid and alkali for pH neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 4 mm.
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%.
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1 % increments (optionally with actuator or control drive).
- Metering reproducibility is better than ±2% in the 30 – 100% stroke length adjustment range under defined conditions and with correct installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request.
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact).
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve.
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in areas at risk from explosion and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors.
- For use in areas at risk from explosion II 2G Ex h IIC T3 Gb X or II 2G Ex h IIC T4 Gb X (optional).
- Degree of protection IP 55.
- Fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing.
- Liquid end on left is available as standard.
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms when installing all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Control of Sigma Basic type (S1Ba)
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator:Electronically regulated actuator with contactless position detection for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 second for 1% stroke length, return potentiometer 1 kΩ, degree of protection IP 65.
Control drive: Electronically regulated actuator with position detection, with no contact with the media, consisting of an actuator and integral servo controller for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard current input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 – 100%, switch-over for manual /automatic operation, stroke adjustment in manual mode, electronic stroke length position display, wide-range voltage power unit 85 - 265 V 50/60 Hz, degree of protection Ip65, actual value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Speed controllers with frequency converter (identity code specification Z)
The speed control, assembled, consists of a frequency converter and a variable speed motor with 0.09 kW (Sigma 1 Ba), 0.37 kW (Sigma 2 Ba) or 0.55 kW (Sigma 3 Ba).
"Physiologically Safe (FDA) in Respect of Wetted Materials" Version
All wetted materials in the "Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials" design comply with the FDA guidelines.
- Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550
- Material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for material version PV and SS.
Identity code example: S1BaH04084PV F S000S000
Sigma / 1 Basic Type version "left liquid end "
This version offers additional adaptability to special installation situations, e.g. in combination with storage tanks, brackets, etc.
Identity code example: S1BaH07042PVTS00 5 S000
|Type S1Ba||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Suction lift||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Connection, suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|bar||l/h||ml/stroke||Strokes/min||psi||l/h/gph (US)||Strokes/min||m WC||bar||G–DN||kg|
Performance data for TTT, see type PVT
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|Material||Dosing head||Suction/pressure connector||Seals/ball seat||Balls||Integral relief valve|
|PVT||PVDF||PVDF||PTFE/PTFE||Ceramic||PVDF/FKM or EPDM|
|SST||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel 1.4581||PTFE/PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel/FKM or EPDM|
|TTT*||PTFE + 25% carbon||PTFE + 25% carbon||PTFE/PTFE||Ceramic||–|
|* specifically for areas at risk from explosion|
With "F" sealing material design – "physiologically safe - FDA", the ball seat is made of PVDF
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Δ/Y||Remarks|
|S||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
265 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|T||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
265 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|R||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.09 kW||with PTC, speed adjustment range 1:20 with external fan (1-phase 230 V; 50/60 Hz, 20 W)|
|M||1-phase AC, IP 55||230 V ± 5 %||50/60 Hz||0.12 kW|
|N||1-phase AC, IP 55||115 V ± 5 %||60 Hz||0.12 kW|
|L1||3-phase, II2GEExellT3||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.12 kW|
|L2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3-phase, II2GEExellT3||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.12 kW|
|P2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.18 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
Motor data sheets can be requested for more information. Motors for Sigma basic pumps, special motors or special motor flanges are available on request.
Motors less than 0.75 kW and motors designed for speed-controllable operation are not subject to the IE3 standard in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 1 (Basic type)
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.