Capacity range 50 – 420 l/h, 16 – 4 bar
Robust motor-driven diaphragm metering pumps, like the Sigma/ 2 Basic guarantee excellent process reliability with their patented multi-layer safety diaphragm. The diaphragm metering pump offers a wide range of power end versions, even for Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use.
The Sigma/ 2 diaphragm metering pump together with pumps of type Sigma/ 1 and Sigma/ 3 represent an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of drive versions is available, including some for use in Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a "Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials" design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head and EHEDG certification enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Addition of chemicals depending on the measured value, e.g. metering of acid and alkali for pH neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 5 mm,
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1% increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% with a 30-100% stroke length adjustment range under certain defined conditions and with proper installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection IP 55 (optionally II2GEExeIIT3, II2GEExdIICT4)
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms in all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions (S2Ba)
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 sec for 1 % stroke length, 1 k Ohm response signal potentiometer, enclosure rating IP 54.
Controller consists of actuator with servomotor and integrated servo control for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100%. Automatic/manual operation selection key for manual stroke adjustment. Mechanical status display of actual stroke length value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Variable speed motors with integrated frequency converter (identity code specification V)
Power supply 1ph 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.37 kW
Externally controllable with 0/4-20 mA (see Fig. pk_2_103)
On request externally controllable via PROFIBUS® DP
Speed controllers with frequency converter (identity code specification Z)
The speed controller assembly consists of a frequency converter and a variable speed motor of 0.37 kW.
"Physiologically Safe (FDA) in Respect of Wetted Materials" Version
All wetted materials in the "Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials" version comply with the FDA guideline.
- Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550
- Material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for material version PVT and SST.
Identity code example: S2BaHM07220PVTS00 F S000
|Type S2Ba||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Suction lift||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Connection suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|07120 PVT||7||126||27.4||73||102||150.0/39.6||87||5||1||1 1/2–25*||16|
|07120 SST||7||126||27.4||73||102||150.0/39.6||87||5||1||1 1/2–25*||24|
|07220 PVT||7||220||27.7||132||102||264.0/69.7||158||5||1||1 1/2–25*||16|
|07220 SST||7||220||27.7||132||102||264.0/69.7||158||5||1||1 1/2–25*||24|
|04350 PVT||4||350||29.4||198||58||420.0/110.9||238||5||1||1 1/2–25*||16|
|04350 SST||4||350||29.4||198||58||420.0/110.9||238||5||1||1 1/2–25*||24|
Performance data for TTT, see type PVT
|*||With Sigma types 07120, 07220 and 04350, the dosing head is fitted with DN 25 (G 1 1/2) valves. As DN 20 is generally sufficient for these types of pipes (see technical data, suction/discharge side connector), the connector parts that can be ordered under the identity code (e.g. inserts) are already reduced to DN 20, i.e. piping and accessories can be installed in DN 20.|
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|Material||Dosing head||Suction/pressure connector||Seals/ball seat||Balls||Integral relief valve|
|PVT||PVDF||PVDF||PTFE/PTFE||Ceramic/glass*||PVDF/FKM or EPDM|
|SST||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel 1.4581||PTFE/PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel/FKM or EPDM|
|TTT**||PTFE + 25% carbon||PVDF||PTFE/PTFE||Ceramic/glass*||–|
|* With 07120, 07220, 04350|
|** Specifically for areas at risk from explosion|
The ball seat is made of PVDF on the design "F"
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Δ/Y||Remarks|
|S||3-phase, IP 55|
220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V
220 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|T||3-phase, IP 55|
220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V
220 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|0.25 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|R||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:20 with external fan 1-phase 230 V; 50/60 Hz|
|V0||1-phase, IP 55||230 V ±5 %||50/60 Hz||0.37 kW||Variable speed motor with integrated frequency converter, adjustment range 1:20|
|M||1-phase AC, IP 55||230 V ±5 %||50/60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|N||1-phase AC, IP 55||115 V ±5 %||60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|L1||3-phase, II2GEExellT3||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW|
|L2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3-phase, II2GEExellT3||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|P2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.21 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
Motor data sheets can be requested for more information.
Special motors or special motor flanges are available on request.
Motors less than 0.75 kW and motors designed for speed-controllable operation are not subject to the IEC2 standard in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2005/32/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Motor Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type)
load more of